Nigeria International, Obafemi Akinwunmi Martins has won the AT&T Goal of the Week for third time this season with one of the 2 goals he scored in Seattle Sounders’ 4-0 win over Orlando City on Sunday.
The former Inter Milan and Newcastle United striker returned to the Sounders lineup after 2 months on the sideline due to injury, and capped his return with a brace.
Martins bagged 45.34 percent of the ballots, easily outpacing the other nominees for the award.
1. Obafemi Martins (SEA) – 45.34%
2. Nat Borchers (POR) – 21.97%
3. Pedro Morales (VAN) – 13.29%
4. Paulo Nagamura (SKC) – 10.21%
5. David Villa (NYC) – 9.19%